FORTIFY: (v) TO STRENGTHEN THE LEADERSHIP, WELL-BEING AND SUSTAINABILITY OF NONPROFIT LEADERS AND ORGANIZATIONS
Fieldstone Leadership Network San Diego, RISE San Diego, and The Nonprofit Institute at the University of San Diego have joined together to create FORTIFY: The Racial Equity Series. This collection of webinars aims to provide nonprofit leaders with a foundational understanding and the tools and resources necessary to lead in the areas of race relations and equity while strengthening the leadership, well-being, and sustainability of nonprofit leaders and organizations committed to the work of equity and social justice.
FORTIFY: The Racial Equity Series was curated in response to requests from nonprofit leaders for assistance in supporting their work in the areas of diversity, equity, and inclusion and in recognition of the tremendous difficulty under which nonprofit professionals are working to sustain organizations, manage teams, and serve clients in equitable and just ways.
FORTIFY: The Racial Equity Series Supplemental Material
- Glorifying White Authors like DiAngelo Erases Decades of Black Writing on Whiteness
- Message to White Allies from A Black Anti-Racism Expert: You’re Doing It Wrong
- Your Performative Empathy Does Not Equate to Justice for Black Life
- The Difference Between First-Degree Racism and Third-Degree Racism
- Systemic Racism Can Leave Black People Suffering From Symptoms Similar to PTSD
- Post-Traumatic Slave Syndrome is a Racist Idea
- Racial Inquiry: A Question of Common Humanity and Unique Individuality
Additional material on Racial Equity (not required for the Certificate program):