RESOURCES -Leading and Managing thru COVID-19
In our work to support leaders, we have compiled a list of resources to help nonprofit leaders navigate efforts to respond to and contain the COVID-19 in our communities, support their teams and lead their organizations. It is not an exhaustive list, as it could never be. Because the situation is ever-changing, we are adding resources continually to our social media platforms. You can visit us at Facebook and LinkedIn.
If you have a resource you believe would be helpful to our Network, please share. Reciprocity and wisdom sharing are two of the values of our organization and one of the key ways we support each other. You may share by sending an email to Janine Mason or post to the social media accounts listed above. If you have other needs or ideas of how we can support you during this unprecedented time, please let us know by emailing Janine.
Amidst the high pace and quickly changing environment nonprofit leaders find themselves in, our hope is that these resources will assist our leaders on their journey in the same way cairns mark the path of one traveling in unfamiliar territory.
We have joined with Local Initiatives Support Corporation, The Nonprofit Institute at the University of San Diego, San Diego Grantmakers and San Diego Workforce Partnership to support you during this unprecedented time. As organizations dedicated to supporting nonprofit leaders on the front lines, we are collaborating to best understand the needs of the nonprofit community.
We have a survey to scan our current environment. The answers that you provide will be shared broadly and used to inform government officials, funders, media and other decision-makers in real time.
As we find ways to meet the needs of nonprofit leaders in light of the unfolding crisis, we look forward to bringing others from a variety of perspectives into the collaborative. Thank you in advance for sharing information on your situation, concerns and outlook. It will help us to help you now and in the future.
In alignment with our values, new learning opportunities are being crafted in response to recent requests and feedback from our Network Members. They are offered in support of our Members and the broader community of nonprofit leaders who are being challenged to lead and work in ways never before expected.
• FORTIFY: A webinar series on organizational leadership and personal wellness presented in partnership with The Nonprofit Institute.
FORTIFY program page
• Crossroads & Turning Points Webinars:
Financial Literacy for Nonprofit Professionals (4/23/20)
Fundraising in the Era of COVID-19 (3/21/20)
Leading Remote Teams (3/23/20)
• San Diego County Health
• Centers For Disease Control
• Gathering Guidance – State of California
CARES Act Information for Nonprofits
Briefing on Emergency Coronavirus Funding for 501(c)(3) Nonprofits – video
Briefing on Emergency Coronavirus Funding for 501(c)(3) Nonprofits – slides
Chamber of Commerce Emergency Loan Guidelines
San Diego Volunteer Hub
In person, virtual, and donation opportunities to support organizations responding to COVID-19
Supporting Volunteer Efforts During Corona Virus
Employment Laws in a time of Corona Virus
AB 5 Workers and other resources for Teaching Artists and Nonprofits
• Varied Resources for Independent Contractors and Those Who Employ Them
• Social Distancing Festival – a site to showcase the work you have had to cancel
• Planning for a Health Disaster
• This is What You Have Prepared For
Social Justice and Equity
• Social Justice Centering During Coronavirus
Working From Home/Leading Remote Teams
• Eight Strategies to Set Up Work From Home During the Corona Virus
• Top 15 Tips To Effectively Manage Remote Employees https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbescoachescouncil/2018/05/30/top-15-tips-to-effectively-manage-remote-employees/#412d6be8503c
• 10 ZOOM Tips and Tricks
• Qualtrics Remote Work Pulse
• Virtual Employment Engagement Blog
• How to Create a Responsibility Assignment Matrix (RACI chart)
Templates for Communicating with Your Boss/Team While Working From Home
• Mindful Return, Tendlab, and Wrk/360 Joint Template
• Kids Included Together (KIT) 1:1 Check-In Template
1 on 1 Check-In template
Telecommuting Agreement Template
KIT Template Telecommute Policy
How to Make Online Meetings Successful
•Engaging Your Board as You Navigate Covid-19
• Five Things Nonprofit Boards Can Do Now
• NPR – Appeal to Congress for NPOs to be Included in Economic Relief
Nonprofit Resource Exchange
The Nonprofit Resource Exchange is a place for nonprofit organizations to ask for what they need and to offer what they have to other nonprofit organizations as we navigate through COVID-19. The Exchange is built on the value of reciprocity with the goal of sharing resources to help the nonprofit sector as we all work together to lead our teams, serve our clients, re-imagine how we work, and sustain our organizations for the future. Nonprofit Resource Exchange San Diego is brought to you as a pilot program through a partnership between FIELDSTONE LEADERSHIP NETWORK SAN DIEGO and THE NONPROFIT INSTITUTE at the University of San Diego. It can be found on Facebook. The Group name is NONPROFIT RESOURCE EXCHANGE SAN DIEGO
San Diego Funding Opportunities
- Southeastern San Diego COVID-19 Rapid Response Fund – The Jacobs Center for Neighborhood Innovation will provide emergency grants to nonprofit organizations on a rolling basis starting the week of April 13, 2020. Eligible organizations are those in San Diego’s Diamond District are that are disproportionately affected and stepping up to support others during the pandemic, including those serving food and providing educational services, transportation, senior support, mental health services and other emergency needs. Apply here: Rapid Response Fund Application
- San Diego Foundation – The San Diego COVID-19 Community Response Fund will provide resources to nonprofit organizations working with communities disproportionately impacted by COVID-19. Grant funding will focus on three critical areas: Food security, Rental and utility assistance Income replacement or gap funding. You may email [email protected] to make sure they are aware of your needs and can keep them in mind as the granting process progresses and needs become clearer.
- KDD Philanthropy Blog – How the Coronavirus (COVID-19) is Impacting Fundraising Shops
- Philanthropy 451
Now that you have breathing room…
Nonprofit Events Calendar
A central location to showcase newly or re-scheduled nonprofit events of local San Diego nonprofit organizations with the goal of avoiding conflicts. To participate and add an event to the calendar, nonprofits may email [email protected] with the following information:
Date and Time
Location of Event (venue name)
Type of Event (gala, dinner, auction, sporting event)
The Calendar is available to view at https://fieldstoneleadershipsd.org/fundraising-event-calendar/
Fieldstone Leadership Network SD Interest List
Click here to be added to our Interest List to get the latest information about our upcoming webinars, our 2020-2021 programs, or to receive our Career Exchange Newsletter.