Fieldstone Marks Ruby Anniversary
Programs and Events Planned to Celebrate 40 Years
This year, Fieldstone reaches its 40th anniversary! It is a time of celebration and of reflection and, as such, we have designed a year of programming and events to provide communal opportunities for both.
In our programs we often talk about leadership legacies. We encourage leaders to take the time to think about what kind of leader they want to be and how that vision influences how they lead currently. As we mark 40 years, we are asking legacy questions and assessing how the Network has made a difference in the community over the years. We view our legacy through four lenses, each representing a decade of our work, These lenses are BUILD, LEAD, SUSTAIN AND AMPLIFY.
Through these lenses we are asking question like:
- How has Fieldstone Leadership Network mattered to nonprofit leaders in San Diego?
- What ripples have been created in the work, within organizations or in the broader community as a result of a nonprofit leaders’ participation in our Network?
- What stories come to mind when Network members think of Fieldstone? What feels important to share?
- How do we understand this information and use it to inform our plan for the next 40 years?
Throughout the year, members of the Fieldstone Leadership Network San Diego, will help us to answer these questions by contributing to our Network blog. They will explore:
- How participating in the Network has strengthened their individual leadership and how has that mattered to them, their organization or clients;
- How the capacity of their organization been increased through their participation in the Fieldstone Leadership Network San Diego;
- How FLNSD has supported them in creating trusted relationships with other nonprofit professionals and how have those relationships supported or sustained them or resulted in new and effective collaborations;
- The ripples that have occurred as a result of their participation in the Network or something they learned in our programs.
Each member’s story will tell a part of the collective story of our work together over the past four decades and provide a meaningful picture of how Fieldstone has made (and makes) a difference in our community – why it matters that we do what we do. If you have a story you would like to share, we invite your contribution. Please contact Janine as soon a possible. (link)
Our goal is to feature a new story each week on our website, which has been re-designed to reflect this important milestone year. The website includes our anniversary logo updated with a ruby stone to represent 40 years.
The website contains program details for each of the Network programs throughout the year. As part of our celebration, we will resume our quarterly social gatherings, now renamed Fieldstone@40 in honor of our anniversary. The first Fieldstone@40 will be on March 15, 2023 at 4 pm on the 9th floor of the San Diego Public Library Downtown. Our topic is Leading Your Team through Work from Home Challenges and will feature Elizabeth Schott, Accessity; Sean Spear, Community Housing Works; and Torrie Dunlap, KIT.
We are planning a 40th anniversary celebration, which will be held during the last week of June. Please watch for more specific details, and plan to join us for a festive gathering.
In 1983, the vision was to build a philanthropic organization to contribute to the community and support nonprofit professionals in leading effective organizations. Over the years, as the world has changed, so has Fieldstone. We have evolved from a corporate foundation making grants to an independent provider of leadership development programs. While the shape of our contributions to the nonprofit sector have changed, the vision has remained. As we take time to celebrate, reflect and plan for the future, we know it always will.