Coaching as a Leadership Tool
A Program to Build your Leadership Toolbox
Research has shown that incorporating coaching into one’s leadership style helps to transform, renew, energize and inspire one’s team while nurturing effective and humane organizations, networks and communities. In a world of increasing complexity, we believe the world need more leaders who are equipped and able to lead like this.
The program is open to those working in the nonprofit sector and currently in a leadership position or to those aspiring to manage others in the future. The series will arm learners with a toolkit of resources and the confidence to coach a team to reach its full potential. Participants who complete all course requirements are eligible for an E-Certificate and a digital badge in Coaching as a Leadership Tool.
This certificate program includes online course material for learners to complete independently and three in-person “coaching conversations” with others in the cohort. Each cohort will be comprised of approximately 16 leaders. “Coaching Conversations” will be facilitated gatherings and will focus on each of the program’s three courses. Learners are expected to complete each course before the in-person gathering so they are able to participate actively in the discussion. All Coaching Conversations will take place at the Fieldstone Leadership Network San Diego’s offices in University City.
The program includes:
- Explore your leadership values
- Affirm your leadership ideals
- Increase your understanding of the leader’s role with a focus on empathy
- Develop confidence to be an authentic leader, aligning values, expectations, and behaviors
Build Your Organization’s Bench: Leadership and Coaching Conversations
- Define coaching as a leadership style
- Build a case for why coaching is a useful leadership style in today’s organizations
- Prepare you to incorporate coaching into your leadership practice
The Capable Coach
- Review the value of coaching as a leadership tool
- Understand and apply the GROW Model for Coaching
- Identify the key elements of an effective coaching environment.
- Comprehend and apply coaching competencies.
Coaching Conversations: A Unique Addition
Because we believe in the power of sharing personal wisdom and experiences to augment our theoretical learning, and offer support to other leaders, we have crafted a unique in-person component to the online curriculum called “Coaching Conversations”. “Coaching Conversations” will be in-person small group gatherings for all participating in the online course and will take place monthly, for a total of three meetings. They are designed to give learners an opportunity to explore the course material and practice coaching with others. They are also designed to reflect the value we place on learning communally, building relationships with other nonprofit leaders and reciprocity. .
- Registration for the program is open now using THIS LINK
- Program will open for online access on August 1, 2022. The first Coaching Conversation will be September 8, 2022. The second conversation will be on October 13 and the final conversation will be on November 10, 2022.
- Cost: $300 – includes online access to the three courses, group facilitation and meeting refreshments.