Fieldstone Fellowship Program Overview
More and more, nonprofit leaders are being required to solve the pressing needs of society by thinking as social entrepreneurs and business professionals while being mission-centric and leading through an identified set of values. Recognizing the tension of these demands, The Fieldstone Foundation has created a leadership learning opportunity to think with and learn from skilled leaders in a variety of fields as they continue to work toward addressing social challenges in the nonprofit sector.
Presented in partnership with The Harvard Business School Alumni Club of San Diego, The Fieldstone Fellowship offers an opportunity for a nonprofit executive director to work with an executive coach, attend the Strategic Perspective in Nonprofit Management at Harvard University and work with a mentoring group of Harvard Business School Alumni Club members for one year.
- To recognize and support nonprofit leaders using a strategic business development, social entrepreneur or mission-centric framework to lead and address social issues.
- To advance the skills and capacity of nonprofit Executive Directors by providing him/her with meaningful opportunities to interact and learn with an executive coach and a peer group of other successful business leaders and entrepreneurs.
- To build upon the Strategic Perspectives in Nonprofit Management program with resources to deepen and implement the learnings from the Harvard University program.
- To invest in the individual leadership of mid-career social entrepreneurs to increase their capacity to lead nonprofit organizations, thereby strengthening the collective competency to the sector.
- To foster cross-sector dialogue among business/entrepreneurial leaders in San Diego County.
Individual candidates for this program should:
- Be an experienced leader who has a demonstrated track record of successfully shaping the direction, mission, and programs of the organization to achieve community impact.
- Work for a nonprofit organization as an Executive Director or serve as a founder of a nonprofit organization.
- Hold primary or significant responsibility for management of the organization’s funds.
- Have worked between 5 and 10 years leading a nonprofit organization.
- Be employed full-time at the applicant organization.
- Live full-time in San Diego County.
- Be an active member of the Fieldstone Leadership Network (have graduated from a learning group or coaching program).
- Be willing to participate in the various programs of the Fieldstone Leadership Network and share their experience and learnings with others.
The candidate’s employing organization should:
- Be located in San Diego County.
- Be recognized by the community as a premier nonprofit organizational in both mission and program delivery.
- Be able to sustain regular operations during the candidate’s participation in the monthly meetings and out of town summer training program at Harvard.
The Fieldstone Fellowship is currently filled. Applications are not being accepted at this time.
Be a Part of This Transformational Leadership Experience
This program is underwritten by The Fieldstone Foundation as part of the Fieldstone Leadership Network and is offered in partnership with the Harvard Business School Alumni Club of San Diego. It is only available in San Diego County at this time.
If you would like to participate in this program or have any questions, please contact Robin Stropko or click here to request additional information. If you would like to apply to be considered for this program, download an application by clicking below.